Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The secret behind my highlights

Half the battle is getting someone who knows about hair coloring and will be a perfectionist when its comes to the work.
I happen to go to a very talented hair stylist who is also one of my bffs in the bordertown of Agua Prieta Sonora border to Douglas, AZ
She has been my stylist for years! (info upon request)
Anyways, ever since I can remember I have cooperating with keeping my highlights in tiptop shape by using a "purple"shampoo. This takes away the brassy yellow and leaves my hair plantinum/silverish. When used too often the hair can actually take on a purple shade. I wash with it every other day and alternate a regular shampoo. It is sold at Sallys Beauty Supply as Shimmer Lights Original Conditioning Shampoo. Its about $8... There are a variety of shampoos with the same concept that might be more appealing to you.
I happen to use one from Mexico that is pretty thick and enriches my hair.
Here are pictures of my hair after being on this shampoo for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment