Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Get the best eyelashes!

I get many compliments on my eyelashes on a daily basis. I have confessed to everyone my secret, at least part of it and its Latisse. I, in no way, receive commission from selling it so I only talk out of experience. (see LATISSE blog post for more details)

Aside from Latisse, I have read by many of my fellow bloggers that a vaseline is VERY helpful in keeping lashes healthy. Before Latisse was ever invented, I used to use HAIR CONDITIONER on my lashes when I would shower. Im talking about my HIGH SCHOOL days 10 years ago, I had the idea that eyelashes are still hair and should be treated carefully with careful washing as well as conditioning. Now, vaseline is a good product for anything from makeup-removing, to wound healing, to moisturizing. I have found a GREAT PRODUCT that is based from vaseline that I use to remove my eye makeup everyday.
Albolene (unscented) is a moisturizing cleanser that leaves your skin very soft and gently removes your mascara. I have noticed that my eyelashes dont fall out as much when I use this product. It also leaves them very conditioned and healthy looking. This product can not be used alone in my opinoin because I do like the foamy cleansers as well. Rubbing Albolene breaks down the makeup, but the foamy cleansers remove it from your skin. (I use the OBAGI cleanser). The eyelids get very dehydrated and need to be treated with sensitive products and both the Doctor I work for and I use it and we both have HUGE eyelashes. Coincidence? Probably not since both of use the same 3 products for our eyelashes.
Albolene is over the counter but could be ordered online. Its less than $10 for a huge size and so worth it.
CLICK HERE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PAGE TO BUY IT


And last, but not least, I use a great mascara. I have tried EVERY type of mascara from dirt cheap ones, to the most expensive ones. I always always fall back on ZOOM LASH by MAC.  Price wise its about $16.00. However, it will enhance every single lash with the best volume and length. Major drama. Lasts all day. Creamy, velvety formula builds density and conditions. Feels light, supple. Ultra-sculpted brush has three-sided fibres to embrace and separate each lash, hugging every curve. Coats in one stroke from root to tip. No smudging. This is sold at MAC counters. (online, dillards, nordstrom)

 
So this might not work on everyone but I DO SWEAR by these 3 products.. I think it will get you as close as possible to false eyelashes.

**excuse my pimple on the glabella... eyebrow waxing always makes me get one.


1 comment: