Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Accomplishments

I was stuck in my home town a few years before I got pregnant. After I had my daughter, working at Dennys did not do it for me anymore. I moved to a bigger city to expand my education. Being a single mom at 20 my options for school were limited. I decided to go into the medical field. It seemed like its a field were jobs will always be available. To be a Medical Assistant is a very wide range option . You can work anywhere from plastics to derm to pediatrics to neurology. The schedule seemed like a nice thing to (no weekends and M-F 8-5) It took me 35 weeks of school and 5 weeks of an externship. Luckily i did my externship with the dermatologist i work for now. So u may say i dont know alot about OBGYN or cardiology but i can school u in dermatology. Ive been there almost 6 years. It was at 4 years where the doctors gave me an opportunity to go get laser training. I went to phoenix twice for 2 days at a time. Two ten hour days that is. It was very fast paced but in the end i aced it and love what i do. Im a certified medical laser technician as well as a laser safety officer. I have used lasers to remove hair as well as freckles and vascular growths. Slowly but surely, it has paid of and all the sacrifices were well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment