Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Botox

Botox

Another one of my guilty pleasures. Botox. I have been exposed to Botox primarily because of where I work. However it took me 2years into my job to take advantage of this free service. I'm hooked. At first I was #1 scared of the injections #2 didn't think I needed it and #3 didn't want the maintenance.
The injections don't hurt at all. In fact we usually put some ice on the injection sites and this numbs up the area where the Botox is injected to. Honestly I think the ice hurts more than the injection but that\'s just me.
I always thought I didn't need Botox and I could wait until I hit 40s to start tasting wrinkles. The reality is that you want to treat the area before the wrinkle forms to prevent the wrinkle from getting to bulk to the point where Botox will only temporarily soften the line. I have been treating the forehead, glabella ( between the eyebrows) and on each eye. By age 40 I won't have a wrinkle because of the proactive approach.
It is a pain in the but to get the Botox every 3-4 months but the suite results are so worth it. Many people think Botox is dangerous and risky. It wears off so it can\'t give you any permanent damage.
Here a some of my before and after Pictures. The before pictures aren't as bad as when I started doing it because I've maintained it up to now. But on the eye area you can definitely see the difference when I smile
 

All in all I love how smooth my face looks

Botox can be quite pricey but there are different prices around town. At the office I work for they charge a total of $12.50 per unit
A standard treatment is: 12 units on forehead, 20 units on glabella, and 12 units per eye. Total of 56 units for the upper face equals to: $700.
We offer the super special here 4 x a year when you save $150 when doing the whole upper face so it comes down to $550. There is a points reward program that you get points after each treatment and right before you come in for another treatment you print out the coupon and it discounts at the checkout usually $50 or more..

No comments:

Post a Comment