Thursday, April 4, 2013

Current sKin Care*

As many of you know, I work for a dermatologist and have access to many products that are popular, expensive, and a hassel. For now, I keep my skin squeaky clean by washing it TWICE a day, yes TWO times with a cleanser (OBAGI) and using my clarisonic one of those times. Use Albolene to take off my mascara.
After I wash my face at night the first thing that I do is use a toner with Salicylic Acid 2%. Topical salicylic acid is used to help clear and prevent pimples and skin blemishes in people who have acne. I don't necessarily have a lot of acne but I do have pores and blackheads. I am really fond of the ZO Cebatrol Pads which for one, keep the oil down, and two, tone my skin until it feels fresh!

Immediately afterwards I follow up with a Glycolic Acid cream from the same company (ZO).

Glycolic acid is the most active and beneficial of the Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids (AHA) used in skin care and is derived from sugar cane. Studies have shown glycolic acid to be the most effective fruit acid for cosmetic application. This works to improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and other forms of sun damage.
It’s a fundamental part of a skin care maintenance program that will keep your skin healthy throughout the years.
In the morning, I wash my face yet again, and then apply my OBAGI Vitamin C serum and Elta Sunscreen.

Ready for makeup afterwards...........

Unfortunately Zo products are exclusive to doctor's offices but there are many over the counter products containing these 2 acids which are very beneficial

No comments:

Post a Comment