Thursday, August 21, 2014

Drugstore makeup vs High End


DRUG STORE  vs HIGH END

When it comes to makeup, you set your own budget. There are people who invest in an expensive foundation and find cheaper alternatives or dupes* and then there are people who just think that everything should be expensive to be a good quality. I have been on both sides of the coin. I started off cheap and would buy drugstore lipsticks, lipliners and makeup. When I started making money, I would treat myself to a Mac lipstick, then to a Chanel foundation and onto other brands at Sephora. 

Now, I have learned through many youtube videos as well as the seminars I have attended that there are no rules in makeup. Pinterest has opened up a world of DUPES promoting the same color and same finishes in other brands that either are significantly cheaper or just easier to get. 

In my makeup kit, I have everything from Loreal, Maybeline to MAC, Urban Decay and Dior. Brushes are also something I have experimented with. I can never have enough brushes because you will find a reason for each one. I think as long as the technique is down, and you use the products wisely you will have the pay off. I have my expensive foundations for when I go out, or for special events like weddings, and I have daily makeup that suits my mood.

In this Blog, I will give you details on what is available to be compared along with prices. I will show you my own Dupes.

*Dupes are duplicate colors and finishes that are either very close or exact to a product.

Prices may vary according to location

On an everyday basis I would use my Suncreen, 
My Jane Iredale Glowtime BB cream *FavE*  $48.00
My Maybeline age rewind concealer in NEUTRALIZER as my highlight $7.99
My Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara $8.49
My Loreal Infallible Super slim liquid eyeliner $6.99
My Milani Blush in Luminoso $8.49
My Victoria Secret bronzer in Gliteratti $16.00
LA Girl Lip liner in Natural $1.00
and a chapstick over the top. 

Prime example that I invested in my canvas, meaning my foundation but used Drugstore alternatives for the rest. These are found at Walgreens, Ulta, CVS, or online at Amazon.


My full face of makeup for an event is alot more complex.
I start with my Mac Strobe cream as a moisturizer $33
then use Benefits porefessional primer $20
Use Mac Studio fix fluid $27.00
put it all on my face with a beauty blender $20
then use Macs Prolongwear concealer NW20 $20.00
as well as Macs prep and prime pens in light boost or radiant rose $26.00
I contour with Anastasia beverly hills kit $40.00
Use eyeshadows from Urban Decay Naked Palette $50.00
Eyelashes from Ardell $3.25
Tarte Mascara in Lights camera action $20.00
and you Nars Orgasm blush $30.00
as well as Macs soft and gentle shimmer $32.00
and then a Mac lip liner like Soar $18.00
and a Mac lipstick like Kinda sexy. $16.00
I might add lip gloss which my favorite is Nymphette by MAC $15.00

 The numbers say it all but I use these interchangeably. 

NYX, ELF are used alot to makeup up for MAC. Its just a matter of preference.

Here are some of my personal dupes:


No comments:

Post a Comment