Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My History in Dermatolgy


I happen to work for a very reputable derm office in Tucson, AZ. Ironwood Dermatology has 4 physicians and a physician assistant who does strictly cosmetics. This has helped me expand my interest in beauty so much. I started school determined to be a Medical assistant and specialize in plastics or cosmetics. I was lucky enough to do my externship at this office. Its been 5 years and although the place is very busy, I get a chance to experience first hand what the skin goes through.

I have been rewarded by the physicians with a certificate and license to practice lasers. I am a Certified Medical Laser Technician/ I did my studies in a laser school in Phoenix AZ. I have used the laser hair removal machine many times and am currently undergoing treatments myself.

A big advantage to working with dermatology is that I get to try alot of the cosmeceuticals that are out there. Not to mention all the advice on skin care I get at the drop of a hat. Since Ive been working there I have become such a knowledgeable piece to their practice because I research all the products we carry as well as test them on myself. I am very fond of OBAGI products which I will later do a Blog on.

I am exposed to Botox, fillers, and procedures on a daily basis and see the different scenarios on which they fall into place.

I see alot of the good, but then alot of the bad. SKin Cancers are biopsied everyday there. We do full skin exams on patients as young as 2-3 to as old as 90. Its so interesting to see the sun damage\'s effects on skin after years of tanning.

I plan to stay there in hope that some day, all the work on the side I do pertaining to cosmetics will benefit the practice.

If you are in the area and need of a good dermatology please look into this one.
http://ironwooddermatology.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment